Health Minister Marisol Touraine praised Friday, a few hours after the deadly attack in Nice, “the extraordinary responsiveness” of health professionals mobilized since the attack.
Health Minister Marisol Touraine left Paris overnight from Thursday to Friday to go to Nice to hospitals caring for people injured in the attack that killed at least 84 people, we learned from of the ministry.
“As we had already seen on November 13 (during the attacks in Paris and Saint-Denis), health professionals returned to the hospital spontaneously,” said Health Minister Marisol Touraine from Nice, where s Also returned Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve.
“It’s a credit to the French public service,” she continued.
“My message is to salute the extraordinary responsiveness of the hospital and the health personnel,” said the minister, welcoming the “work (done) to save and try to save lives”.
A man in a truck rushed Thursday, shortly after the end of the July 14 fireworks, into the crowd concentrated on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, leaving, according to a latest report, 84 dead and dozens of wounded, including 18 in absolute emergency, before being shot down.